M. Tech. Production Engineering programme includes designing and installation of integrated systems for human and materials, equipment, and processes in order to increase the productivity of goods. It enables the students to solve complex problems related to industrial productivity through analysis of R & D, production, sales, construction, assessment, and maintenance. The graduates aim at higher productivity by adopting integrated design, efficient planning, and operative systems.
The graduates will become eminent production engineers capable of playing significant role in the industrial sector or carrying out related research activities at academic and research institutions.
The graduates will apply their knowledge and skills of production engineering with an understanding of realistic constraints for the overall benefit of the society.
The graduates will work and communicate effectively in inter-disciplinary environment, either independently or in a team, and demonstrate leadership qualities.
The graduates will engage in life-long learning and professional development through self-study, continuing education or professional and doctoral level studies.
Upon completion of the M. Tech. Production Engineering (PE) programme, students will be able to:
- Apply advanced level knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of production engineering.
- Develop management control systems to provide the right kind of assistance in financial planning, cost analysis, and production planning for the physical distribution of goods and services.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams, working cooperatively, respectfully, creatively and responsibly as a member of a team.
- Identify, formulate, and solve industrial productivity related problems using advanced level computing techniques.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, computing and graphical means.
- Understand the impact of production engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning through continuing education and research.
- Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary issues in the area of production engineering.
- Manage projects related to production engineering in multidisciplinary environments.