Higher Education has three primary components of learning:
- Creation of knowledge : through R&D work.
- Disseminatiion of knowledge : imparting knowledge so created through a robust Teaching and Learning Process.
- Application of knowledge :
– At the College level : through Institute Industry Interface
– At the Industry : application of the technical skills acquired at the institute
At SGI, The Research & Development cell provides administrative and managerial support for focused efforts to improve the teaching and learning processes using R&D tools. In order to keep pace with today’s knowledge based economy, students and faculty alike need to acquire skills to become next generation innovators.
Research support activities are aimed at developing and integrating technologies both in emerging areas and in traditional sectors. Feasibility of fresh ideas & concepts are assessed for their potential into useful technology & product output.
For R&D Projects, Rs. 1 crore/year grant has been sanctioned & an equal amount is also available as incentive to faculty for publishing papers in refereed journals & organizing conferences.
Interested students can avail of Summer & Winter jobs for R&D projects. This facility is also available to students for their Final Year project.
Aims & Objectives of R&D Cell
The main functions of R&D Cell include Administrative Support, which are mentioned below:
- To motivate the faculty members of the group for R&D activities in the area of their interest.
- To promote Research and Training among faculty members through In-house funding & sponsored Research projects.
- To promote B. Tech final year students research projects.
- To develop infrastructure and central facilities for optimal resource utilization.
- To promote co-operation between R&D public funding institutions and liaison with user institutions/companies for consultancy and sponsored projects.
- To create environment for faculty/students for opting live projects.
- To collaborate with institutions of higher learning in India as well developed countries for sand-witch programmes/ Joint research projects
- To develop modules for summer training for faculty of engineering colleges to upgrade their knowledge and skill
- To make efforts for setting up entrepreneur training centre in collaboration with SIDBI, NRDC & NGOs
- To encourage faculty members of all the disciplines in engineering/science /humanities in R&D activities for their professional growth.
- To fulfil corporate social responsibility towards community.
- Conference /Symposium / Seminar / live workshop etc
Skill Development under the scheme of Government of India.
-For Engg students : Higher education segment level 5, 6 & 7.
-MOU signed in 10 Sectors: Training started in I T, I TES & Telecom sector
Functions of R&D Cell
The main functions of R&D Cell include Administrative Support , which are mentioned below :
- In-house Project Grant to faculty.
- Sponsored Research Projects.
- Consultancy Jobs.
- Collaboration with Institutions in India and Abroad.
- AICTE funded Projects.
- Promotion of Institute-Industry interaction.
- Patents, Know-how and Transfer of Technology.
- Technology Development Projects Initiation Awards for Students (TDP-IAS).
- Research Assistance Grant to students of SGI and elsewhere.
- Selective Scholarships to Research scholars in IInd phase.
- Market Research / Business Development.
- Conference /Symposium / Seminar / live workshop etc.